Members can connect with fellow nurses and midwives through the INMO Sections. Sections are groups of INMO members who work within a particular nursing or midwifery speciality. The INMO presently has over 25 active Sections. Sections allow members to link up with colleagues from across the country for specialised networking, information sharing and support. This support is offered in the form of structured meetings with like minded individuals, conferences, education days and social events. Regular meetings are held throughout the year.
Who runs Sections?
Sections are run by members for members. Each Section has its own committee of Officers who are elected by their peers every two years. The INMO Section Officer is available and on hand to co-ordinate, arrange and develop any work that is being undertaken.
How do I join a Section?
You can affiliate to your relevant National Section. There is no cost associated with joining a Section. Once affiliated, you will be added to the relevant mailing list for all upcoming events.
- Affiliation form Please save the PDF, then print and complete the affiliation form.
267 kb download
Would you like to know more?
Contact Jean Carroll, the INMO Section Officer at 01 664 0648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a call-back: Email your preferred number and time of day and we will call you back to discuss your needs
List of Current Sections within the INMO
- Assistant Directors of Nursing / Midwifery / Public Health Nursing / Night Superintendents Section
- Care of the Older Person Section
- CNM / CMM Section
- Community RGN Section
- Directors of Nursing / Midwifery / Public Health Nursing Section
- General Practice Nurses Section
- International Nurses Section
- National Children’s Nurses Section (formerly the Paediatric Nurses Section)
- Nurse / Midwife Education Section
- Midwives Section
- Occupational Health Nurses Section
- Operating Department Nurses Section
- Orthopaedic Nurses Section (IONS)
- Public Health Nurses Section
- School Public Health Nurses sub-Section
- Rehabilitation Nurses Section - HIDE
- Retired Nurses / Midwives Section
- R.N.I.D Section
- School Nurses Section
- Student Nurses Section
- Telephone Triage Nurses Section
- Third Level Student Health Nurses Section
- SALO - Student Allocation Liaison Officers (Networking Group)
INMO Sections Representation on International Organisations
- International Confederation of Midwives (ICM)
- European Midwives Association (EMA)
- Federation of Occupational Health Nurses in the EU (FOHNEU)
- European Operating Department Nurses Association (EORNA)
- Europeans Nursing Student Association (ENSA)
- International Collaboration of Orthopaedic Nursing (ICON)
INMO International Membership / Affiliations / Networks
- Association for Common European Nursing Diagnosis Interventions and Outcomes (ACENDIO)
- European Federation of Nurses Associations (EFN)
- European Nursing Research Foundation Board, ENS4Care Thematic Network
- European Forum of National Nursing and Midwifery Associations (EFNNMA)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- International Council of Nurses (ICN)
- International Centre on Nurse Migration (ICNM)
- International Easy-Care
- International Tiger Foundation Committee (TIGER: Technology Informatics Guiding Educational Reform)
- International Safeguarding Health in Conflict Coalition
- Safeguarding Health in Conflict Coalition
- World Health Organisation European Regional Office: Nursing and Midwifery Expert Group and WHO Collaborating Centres