This online course is for nurses and midwives who have an interest in the management of a patient with diabetes. The literature would suggest that diabetes, chronic disease management and the self-care that is associated with it brings high incidence rates of depression, anxiety, and negative thoughts. The use of different strategies, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and clinical trials look at the area of wellbeing and theories and models to help clients and healthcare providers try and formulate plans to look at these issues.
- To have an understanding of the impact of diabetes on a client both physically and emotionally
- To explore what causes this impact
- To review what general health and well-being is
- Explore techniques that can be used as interventions to help clients acknowledge issues that arise from having diabetes
- To help the health care provider use techniques, access research and observe how to interact with clients with diabetes
Note: On completion of this course a certificate of attendance in a digital form and will be sent by email to each participant. Please note places are limited and must be booked in advance; you need a reliable computer and internet access and please ensure a correct email is provided when registering.