This short online course is designed for nurses and midwives who are undertaking third-level academic programmes. This course will assist participants in completing their written assignments. The objective of the course is to help prepare the student for academic study which requires efficient literature searching, research critique and accurate referencing skills. On the day there will also be a question and answer session to help you with any of your queries.
• Have an improved awareness of how to use an appropriate style of writing academic assignments
• Use a systematic approach to the process of academic writing
• Search for journal articles and use online databases
• Apply appropriate referencing styles
• Incorporate research appraisal and critique into written assignments
• Source and cite relevant academic material
Note: On completion of this course a certificate of attendance in a digital form and will be sent by email to each participant. Please note places are limited and must be booked in advance; you need a reliable computer and internet access and please ensure a correct email is provided when registering.