Please ensure all bookings are made through this website www.inmoprofessional.ie
Education & CPD
ONLINE - Telephone Assessment and Advice Skills for Nurses and Midwives
Date: Tuesday, 28 March 2023
- Registration: Tuesday, 28 March 2023 10:00
- Start: Tuesday, 28 March 2023 10:00
- End: Tuesday, 28 March 2023 13:00
Location: The Education Room, Online Webinar
This short online programme is for nurses and midwives involved in providing telephone assessment and advice, in A&E, general practice and other community settings. Such calls assess patients’ needs and may provide advice for self care, prompt the caller to seek immediate medical attention or refer the patient to another healthcare professional or agency. This programme will provide strategies and guidance on how best to communicate with each caller and handled in a professional and tactful manner.
- How to adopt good communication skills that involve mindful listening and speech that is compassionate and understanding yet clear to signpost patient in the right direction.
- Guidance on how to carry out health consultations & assessments over the phone.
- Identifying red flags through effective questioning skills
- Giving self care & call back advice
- How to accurately assess patients and use recommended disposition to save lives.
- Accurate record keeping for continuity of care and future reference.
- Identify and discuss risks involved with Telephone Triage.
Tuesday, 28 March 2023
- Location: The Education Room, Online Webinar
For access to any of the references below, please contact the library.
t: 01 6640614