This short online course is aimed at nurses and midwives who would like to develop valuable lifelong information seeking skills to get the most up to date information for clinical practice, reflection, or policy development. This course will assist participants who are undertaking academic programmes.
• identify appropriate information resources for nursing and midwifery
• understand the key principles in carrying out a search
• identify appropriate keywords and subject headings
• understand how to limit, broaden and save results as necessary
• retrieve full text items from a reading list or search.
Note: On completion of this course a certificate of attendance in a digital form and will be sent by email to each participant. Please note places are limited and must be booked in advance; you need a reliable computer and internet access and please ensure a correct email is provided when registering.