This programme introduces a holistic and inter-disciplinary approach to the management of the adult patient with a tracheostomy. Participants will be given the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to assess, manage and evaluate the nursing care of a patient with tracheostomy.
• Understand the anatomy of a tracheostomy tube
• Be aware of the different types of tracheostomy tube
• Be aware of the complications associated with a tracheostomy
• Communication and swallowing in a patient with a tracheostomy
• Manage tracheostomy emergencies safely
• Understand the purpose of Humidification with a tracheostomy
• Manage safe suctioning of a patient with a tracheostomy
• Be aware of Nursing Care of a tracheostomy
Note: On completion of this course a certificate of attendance in a digital form and will be sent by email to each participant. Please note places are limited and must be booked in advance; you need a reliable computer and internet access and please ensure a correct email is provided when registering.