This 3 hour session will outline and provide support in the development of an infection control risk register for your facility. This is a requirement in meeting regulation 27 infection control in residential facilities in Ireland. The session will identify risk description, existing controls, additional controls required and complete a calculated risk rating score based a national framework. The sessions will assist the staff in achieving and maintaining Governance compliance in this area for their facility and staff and resident/service user safety.
At the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Examine the risk assessment process and application to infection control Regulation 27 and preapring for thematic Focused inspections in your facility.
- Provide an overview of key factors that are considered essential for the Management of Infection Control risk in an integrated way incorporating clinical, non-clinical and organisational areas. The session will Discuss and outline the employees and management partnership in risk management processes.
- The session will include how to complete a risk assessment and utilisation of headings such as risk description, impacts/vulnerabilities, existing controls and additional controls required. The sessions will review the action plan required as per the group area of discussion. This template will be forwarded onto class prior or use of the facilities one can be utilised in the class.
- The risk scoring will be demonstrated and discussed and applied to a risk or individual area as identified. 0-25 based on impact and likelihood. Linking risk to incidents- Example based on elopement/ absconsion risk and completion of missing person profile, care planning and follow up on all areas.
- Overview of how incidents are immediately reported, categorised by their potential consequences and reviewed to determine system contributory factors, and inform the dissemination of learning. How they inform risk assessment and team reviews.
- Discussion Formal mechanisms in place to measure the effectiveness of risk management strategies, plans and processes against quality standards and legislation.
- Assist the Team to carry out and implement an infection Control Risk Regsiter
Note: On completion of this course a certificate of attendance in a digital form and will be sent by email to each participant. Please note places are limited and must be booked in advance; you need a reliable computer and internet access and please ensure a correct email is provided when registering.