This short online programme is aimed at nursing staff that are identified as infection control champions/link within an organisation or staff interested in infection prevention and control standards. The course utilises infection control eight themes as a guide; identifying key areas in infection prevention and control. Infection Control resources in line with standards and use and review of equipment will be reviewed. This course will support key staff in identifying their strengths and also providing support with short, medium and long term goals within the role of infection control champions in their clinical area.
• To discuss national and regulatory requirements in relation to ICP practices utilising 8 themes From HIQA infection control standards as a guide
• Evaluate Infection Control/Prevention Guidelines, nationally From HSE, HIQA, WHO and CDC
• Identify Infection Control Action Plan and SMART goals for the time period identified.
• Implement Audit Schedule in Priority Key areas within the organisation using How, What, When, Where and Who?
• Discuss the importance of Cost Comparison – Resources Versus Outbreak Cost
• Guide Provision to devise and update Infection prevention and control Guidelines based on National and International Standards
• Discuss the importance of infection prevention and control in the healthcare area, in providing a healthy environment for patients/residents/service users, staff and visitors.
• Discuss Antimicrobial Stewardship/ Surveillance and The investigation of relevant Infections.
Note: On completion of this course a certificate of attendance in a digital form and will be sent by email to each participant. Please note places are limited and must be booked in advance; you need a reliable computer and internet access and please ensure a correct email is provided when registering.