This short online programme is aimed at nurses and midwives working in clinical practice who require basic knowledge and skills to care for people with asthma on a day-today basis. The programme will assist participants in gaining an understanding of the clinical evidence underpinning the diagnosis and ongoing care and management of the person with asthma utilising current best practice.
- The nurse will have an awareness of the incidence, prevalence and the economic burden of asthma
- The nurse will have an understanding of the signs and symptoms of asthma and understand the various diagnostic tools to diagnose asthma
- The nurse will gain knowledge on the management of stable and acute asthma including assessment of the person with asthma
- The nurse will have an understanding of the dangers of over reliance on short acting bronchodilator therapy
- The nurse will be aware of the importance of optimal inhaler technique
Note: On completion of this course a certificate of attendance in a digital form and will be sent by email to each participant. Please note places are limited and must be booked in advance; you need a reliable computer and internet access and please ensure a correct email is provided when registering.